We are looking for full-time Aeries Training Specialists to join our Training team. Our Training Specialists will work in close collaboration with each other and the Director of Training to deliver high-quality, engaging, objective-based training and consulting services to Aeries districts. The responsibilities of the position will include taking a key role in the design, coordination, preparation, and delivery of highly-effective training assets by combining creativity, research, and prior knowledge of effective practices in school settings. Successful candidates for this position will be able to demonstrate subject matter expertise in a number of key SIS functional areas such as Scheduling, Data Management, Teacher gradebook management, and grade reporting, attendance, and system administration.
All About Aeries
Aeries is a Student Information System (SIS) that serves millions of users (including students, teachers, parents, and school and district staff) across California and Texas. Our mission is to deliver data-driven, intuitive, and innovative solutions that empower communities to advance student success. Our vision at Aeries is to build a world where data empowers educators. We believe strongly in the supporting role of technology in education, but recognize that there’s no replacement for the wisdom and determination of the real people supporting students’ academic successes every day. That’s why our goal is to build tools that allow educators to focus on what they do best: educating.
Aeries is a successful family-owned and operated education software company that prioritizes quality of life, user experience, and long-term successes of those we serve. We build strong, lasting, meaningful relationships with our customers and our team members.
All About You
- Empathy for customers and team members
- Attention to detail
- Clear, concise, and effective written and verbal communications
- Project, time, and stress management
- Prioritizing, problem solving, and multitasking
- Flexibility and adaptability
Your Experience & Skills
- Professionalism – Candidate should conduct themself with a high level of skill, judgment, and behavior expected when working in a front-facing capacity with customers
- Expressive – Candidate should possess clear & concise communication skills (both orally and in writing/presentation materials) and be comfortable in front of large audiences
- Instructional Design – the candidate should have a working knowledge of effective instructional design and delivery models, and will be excited to engage in ongoing professional development in this area
- Organization – Candidate should be able to handle multiple duties and responsibilities thoroughly and on time through proper prioritization and time management
- Extensive Knowledge of Aeries – Candidate should have experience in the technical and practical functions and processes of Aeries allowing the candidate to train a wide variety of topics. Extensive experience in Student Scheduling theory and mechanics, standards based grade reporting theory and practices, and data analytics is strongly preferred for the current opening.
All about the Job
Training Specialists are responsible for delivering in-person and remote training sessions, as well as robust on-demand training resources (documents, videos, curriculum assets). The position reports directly to the Director of Training.
- Deliver effective training on a variety of outlined and custom topics to Aeries customers in various formats (multi-district webinars, single-district webinars, onsite training, workshops, sales demos, et al.)
- Consult with Aeries districts to identify training needs and develop custom training plans
- Coordinate and schedule training requests from customers which includes managing training assignments, creating and managing Zoom meetings across numerous accounts, coordinating follow-up communications, etc.
- Continually learn and master the latest features of Aeries as well as actively engage in ongoing discussions on Aeries development
- Collaborate on the planning and delivery of professional development activities for members of the Implementation & Training department and other Aeries staff members, with a direct focus on ensuring all trainers maintain a working knowledge of all Aeries features and have the capacity for delivering high-quality, engaging, outcome-driven training in a variety of formats
- Engage in the ongoing creation and management of Aeries Academy content
- Audit, update and develop internal resource materials for Aeries trainers including syllabi, course outlines, videos and training guides
- Create accurate and comprehensive on-demand training resources for Aeries districts including documentation and videos
- Assist with the planning and execution of two annual AeriesCon events
Our HQ is in Orange, California but remote work is available
The candidate will be expected to be able to commit to significant travel throughout California and Texas, and provide dynamic, effective training to diverse trainee groups in a variety of formats and venues
$65,000 – $80,000 annual salary, based on experience and skills
Bonuses awarded for exceptional performance
Benefits include: medical, dental, vision, 401(k), generous PTO, fun people, and atmosphere
Throw your name in the hat by sending your resume and an expression of interest to email@example.com.
Aeries Software provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.