We are looking for an analytical, detail-oriented Business Analyst to work with our software development team. The Business Analyst will engage with external stakeholders (customers and sales prospects), internal stakeholders, and other resources to document the details of what will meet the needs of customers. Business Analysts’ main tasks will include performing detailed requirements analysis, documenting processes, and performing some testing, including user acceptance testing. To succeed in this role, you should have a natural analytical way of thinking and be able to explain difficult concepts to non-technical users.
This particular role will also be working with our Texas customers, so Texas experience or familiarity with Texas compliance is preferred.
All About Aeries
Aeries is a Student Information System (SIS) that serves millions of users (including student, teachers, parents and school and district staff) across California and Texas. Our mission is to deliver data-driven, intuitive, and innovative solutions that empower communities to advance student success. Our vision at Aeries is to build a world where data empowers educators. We believe strongly in the supporting role of technology in education, but recognize that there’s no replacement for the wisdom and determination of the real people supporting students’ academic successes every day. That’s why our goal is to build tools that allow educators to focus on what they do best: educating.
Aeries is a successful family-owned and operated education software company that prioritizes quality of life, user experience, and long-term successes of those we serve. We build strong, lasting, meaningful relationships with our customers and our team members.
All About You
- Empathy for customers and team members
- Creating and maintaining a collaborative work environment
- Attention to details
- Clear, concise, and effective written and verbal communications
- Project, time, and stress management
- Prioritizing, problem solving, and multitasking
Your Experience & Skills
- School and SIS experience, with Aeries experience preferred
- Familiarity with Texas compliance
- An understanding of the customer journey
- Experience developing documentation
- Experience with SQL Query
- Writing user stories
- Creating wireframes and/or mockups of UI
All About the Job
Business Analysts (BAs) are responsible for gathering and documenting technical specifications for the broader projects identified by Product Managers. They should identify resources needed to solve the customer problems.
- Serve as Product Owner to specific product teams
- Responsible for prioritization of work items across assigned subject matter expertise areas
- Communicate with and serve as a resource to Product Managers to guide larger prioritization decisions
- Product requirements gathering, including:
- Collating input from various sources
- Defining desired outcomes
- Collaborating with System Architects to refine customer requirements
- Defining customer struggles
- Defining logical workflow
- Define the Acceptance Criteria
- Creating regression test plans
- Communicating system functionality, as well as current and upcoming system changes, to customers, support, trainers and other system users
- Post-development Testing
- Verifying that Acceptance Criteria was met
- Adjusting regression testing plans
Our HQ is in Orange, California but remote work is available
Expect some travel throughout California and Texas
Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- $70,000 – $100,000 annual salary, based on experience and skills
- Bonuses awarded for exceptional performance
- Benefits include: medical, dental, vision, 401(k), generous PTO
COVID-19 Vaccine Policy
As a part of our commitment to health and safety, we have implemented various COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. Full vaccination is a requirement for this role. Additional requirements include sharing your vaccine card in the company’s confidential record system. Aeries Software Inc. will consider accommodation requests as required by applicable law.
Throw your name in the hat by sending your resume and an expression of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Aeries Software provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.