As a member of the Aeries Support Department, the Junior DBA will work closely with members of the support and DBA teams to provide the highest-quality database support to Aeries districts in a manner that ensures Aeries works consistently and correctly to meet the needs of district data management and reporting requirements.
All About the Job
Aeries Jr. DBAs are key members of the support team who work closely with Aeries Support Analysts and DBAs to ensure customer support needs are resolved accurately and expediently. Jr. DBAs spend the majority of their time directly resolving customer support tickets related to complex data or system functionality issues. Jr. DBAs are expected to operate within defined department processes and workflows and meet individual and department KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) and SLAs (Service Level Agreements) on an ongoing basis. Every Aeries Jr. DBA consistently provides a high-level of service that supports overall customer satisfaction with the Aeries product and services.
- Through customer-submitted tickets, you will support districts in the usage and management of their Aeries database, including the troubleshooting and problem-solving of issues directly pertaining to student data
- Provide guidance to customers on the steps and processes related to installing, updating, and configuring SQL Server and configuring integrations with a broad variety of 3rd party applications
- Assist customers with the creation of complex queries and/or SQL statements
- Assist customers in management and maintenance of locally-hosted Aeries databases to ensure system functionality and data integrity
- Perform New Year Rollovers, and enable ancillary products
- Ensure data confidentiality and security
- Thoroughly document all actions, troubleshooting steps, and information on tickets using Freshdesk
- Participate in company mandated training and retraining programs
- You will be collaborative and mutually-supportive with a variety of Aeries coworkers, including Support Analysts, Escalation Specialists, Customer Care representatives, Sales executives, Business Analysts and other members of the Aeries Customer Experience, Product and IT divisions
- Actively participate in regularly scheduled and ad-hoc department and divisional meetings
All About You
- A problem-solver who can perform problem management and root cause analysis
- Attention to detail
- Analytically minded
- Are a customer-advocate
- Can work productively alone as well as in a team
- Have excellent interpersonal, communication and writing skills in a manner that is accessible to technical and non-technical customers.
- Reliable and dependable
- Excellent time-management and prioritizing skills
- Strong commitment to delivering quality work
- Willingness to continuously learn as our application and company grows
Your Experience and Skills
- 2 or more years of experience in SQL with proficient knowledge of SQL basic queries and scripts
- 1 or more years of experience with administration of data warehouse or SIS software; knowledge of Aeries end-user experience and database structure preferred
- College or university coursework in computer related field
- Preferred experience in software support to end users
- Knowledge of IT best practices
All About Aeries
Aeries is a Student Information System (SIS) that serves millions of users (including students, teachers, parents, and school and district staff) across California and Texas. Our mission is to deliver data-driven, intuitive, and innovative solutions that empower communities to advance student success. Our vision at Aeries is to build a world where data empowers educators. We believe strongly in the supporting role of technology in education, but recognize that there’s no replacement for the wisdom and determination of the real people supporting students’ academic successes every day. That’s why our goal is to build tools that allow educators to focus on what they do best: educating.
Aeries is a successful family-owned and operated education software company that prioritizes quality of life, user experience, and long-term successes of those we serve. We build strong, lasting, meaningful relationships with our customers and our team members.
- Our HQ is in Orange, California
- Remote, hybrid or onsite work options available
- Salary Range: $65,000 – 85,000 annual, based on experience and skills
- Salaried-exempt position; Evening and weekend hours required during annual “peak” season and for special projects
- Semi-annual bonuses awarded for exceptional performance
- Benefits include medical, dental, vision, 401(k), generous PTO
COVID-19 Vaccine Policy
As a part of our commitment to health and safety, we have implemented various COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. Full vaccination is a requirement for this role. Additional requirements include sharing your vaccine card in the company’s confidential record system. Aeries Software Inc. will consider accommodation requests as required by applicable law.
Throw your name in the hat by sending your resume and expression of interest to email@example.com
Aeries Software provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.