We’re Aeries Software, and we make a student information system that serves millions of users across two states (so far!), California and Texas. We’re looking for a motivated marketing coordinator to help us manage our communications to customers, support our sales teams, and take on marketing objectives in our broader strategy as our company scales in the coming years.
Our software directly impacts the lives of our clients, and we’re passionate about serving them with an active communication and content strategy that can deliver timely and useful information, grow our audiences, and help us learn more about them.
As our ideal candidate, you’re someone who’s ambitious and comfortable drafting blog posts weekly, managing an active social media content calendar across Facebook/Twitter/Instagram, and sending mass emails through services like SendGrid and MailChimp. You have a natural curiosity and constant drive to dig into the details of everything going on in the company right now, and figure out how to incorporate the latest news into the communication strategy.
You are an excellent writer, and can keep up even when the conversation gets technical and exact details are unclear. You’ll collaborate frequently with subject matter experts within the company, asking questions to fact check, interpret, and validate technical details about new solutions and features coming out in future software updates.
We’re looking for you to be working primarily between the sales, design, and customer success departments to coordinate ongoing and future communication and marketing needs, and working to complete marketing objectives.
As a core focus, you’ll be helping to create and publish content.
Project scenario: communicating software changes to our customers
As an example of where you would jump in and take control, consider a hypothetical situation where legislation is passed in California that affects the way districts submit their student data reports to the state, perhaps mandating a new data point that must now be collected by schools. In this situation, Aeries reacts by pushing a software update to make it easier for our clients to manage this new reporting requirement.
You as the marketing coordinator would be responsible for seeking a subject matter expert within the company to collaborate with, building a foundation of documentation on this reporting requirement to be used in external communications to customers, drafting blogs, email blasts, social media content, and web content that helps explain the legislation, the impact, and the changes we made in Aeries to make it easier for our clients.
Additionally you might draft several variations of the same campaign with different language, intended for different user roles – students, parents, teachers, administrators, etc., and publish them through different, distinct channels. Any number of projects like this can arise as our industry necessitates quick adaptation to changing requirements.
Qualities we seek exhibited in this example:
Good initiative-taking, quick reaction time to changing requirements, active collaboration with colleagues, good attention to detail, simplification of complex subjects for customers, utilization of all customer communication channels, creation of role-specific messaging to customers.
You may be expected to contribute to any of the following activities in a given year:
- Assist the sales and design teams with their day-to-day marketing tasks
- Coordinate marketing projects
- Write or proofread copy
- Send mass emails
- Plan meetings
- Draft, proof, and publish blog posts
- Create reports and presentations
- Contribute to creating merchandise such as conference swag and branded apparel
- Coordinate the production of marketing content
- Event marketing for our (currently virtual) users’ conference and other events
- Help create paper marketing communications such as brochures, magazine ads and flyers
- Maintain an inventory of up-to-date promotional material
- Work with customers to develop marketing testimonials
- Prepare marketing strategies and campaigns and present on them
- Assist the sales team in creating and collecting assets, copy and resources for RFP responses
- Monitor and manage tracking systems for online marketing campaigns and activities
- Conduct periodic research to stay on top of general SIS market changes
- Analyze and report on competitors’ marketing mix
- Assist the sales team in tracking and analyzing data
- Assist in creating and analyzing sales forecasts
- Manage and/or assist with existing scheduled and marketing tasks, such as customer success initiatives
- Assist with seasonal and priority outreach with product and system updates
- Oversee routine website messaging and social media outreach
- Assist and coordinate Aeries events, virtual or live, with messaging and outreach
- Keep track of competitor events, announcements, and activity
- Source creative assets for members of the Aeries team to support their own projects
- Assist the design team with producing any required assets
- Highly organized and flexible with great attention to detail
- Self-starting initiative-taker who doesn’t need constant supervision or direction to excel
- Ability to demonstrate critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Strong reporting analytical skills, both quantitative and qualitative
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Personable and able to work cross-functionally with many different people and departments
- Creative, imaginative and able to develop ideas quickly
- Able to collaborate in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Ability to multitask and work on multiple deadline-driven projects simultaneously
- Effective organization, time management, planning and problem resolution skills
We hope to interview you soon!
- Strong analytical skills and ability to work with large datasets to cut data a variety of ways
- Proficiency in: Word, PowerPoint, and presentation skills
- Strong Excel skills required
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Existing knowledge of Aeries a bigplus but not required (training can be provided)
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience preferred