Effective Date: April 24, 2019
Any personally identifiable information (“Personal Information”) we collect from you will be strictly used for the sole purpose of improving our services and will not knowingly be distributed to any third parties without your consent.
Information We May Collect From You
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site www.aeries.com (our site) and by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail, post mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you use the “contact us” section of our site located at https://www.aeries.com/contact, discuss with us the provision of and/or receive services from Aeries Software, Inc., interact with us via our social media accounts (e.g., Facebook and Twitter) and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, job title and description.
Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system, language settings and platform;
- information about your visit, pages you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs) and any phone number used to call our customer service number or members of our staff.
- email sent by Aeries may contain web beacons and other similar technologies to track the response rate to such communications. Web beacons (also known as pixel gifs, pixel tags, clear gifs, third-party pixels, or targeting pixels) are small graphics with a unique piece of identifying code, similar to a cookie, used to track the online movements of a web user or to access previously set cookies. These tools are used in email communications to determine whether messages have been opened or otherwise acted upon.
Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will inform you when we collect that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this site. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, payment and delivery services) and may receive information about you from them.
Information We Store On Behalf Of Educational Agencies
Aeries and the services it provides to Educational Agencies comply with applicable provisions of law, including the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (“FERPA”) and equivalent federal and state laws.
Your Educational Institution uses Aeries’ services to assist with the administration of school-related activities and to provide a streamlined way to collect, organize, access, and report your information for educational purposes. These uses are specific to each Educational Institution and are governed by the contract between Aeries and your Educational Institution.
The data your Educational Institution stores on Aeries’ systems may include, but is not limited to, the following information about students and their guardians:
- Demographic information such as name, mailing address, email address, and date of birth;
- Student education records including, but not limited to student’s grades, class enrollment, and behavioral records;
- Financial information, including but not limited to fees and fines, such as Chromebook insurance, or administrative fees, determined by LEAs;
- Health-related information including your student’s immunizations and vision and hearing screening results;
- System usernames and passwords.
In addition to student/guardian information, Aeries also stores data provided by Educational Agencies related to teachers and other school employees, such as:
- Demographic information including, but not limited to, the individual’s name, address, email address, and date of birth;
- The individual’s ethnicity;
- Credentials obtained and the granting institution;
- Information about the individual’s employment with the Educational Institution;
- System usernames and passwords.
Your Educational Institution determines the information collected, maintained, and processed using Aeries’ services. Your Educational Institution retains the right to review, modify, and/or refuse to permit further collection or use of student data information at any time. Your Educational Institution uses Aeries’ services to assist with the administration of school-related activities and to provide a streamlined way to collect, organize, access, and report your information for educational purposes. These uses are specific to each Educational Institution and are governed by the contract between Aeries and your Educational Institution. If you have any questions regarding the collection, storage, and use of the information your Educational Institution shares with Aeries, please contact your Educational Institution directly.
Third-Party Service Providers
You can find information on our official partners and service providers we work with below, including what data we share with them or they provide to us, the service they provide for Aeries and links to their respective privacy policies. This list may change over time, and we’ll work hard to keep it up-to-date. If you have any questions, please get in touch here.
LivingTree – for use of Aeries Financials.
Info shared: Financial information, including but not limited to fees and fines, such as Chromebook insurance, or administrative fees, determined by your Educational agency
Signal Kit – for use of Aeries Communications.
Info shared: Contact information, including but not limited to Names, emails, and telephone numbers, determined by your Educational Agency
At the direction of your Educational agency, Aeries will also provide access to your data to other third-party service providers. Your Educational agency is solely responsible for obtaining information from those third parties regarding certification and compliance with all applicable State and Federal Student Data Privacy laws. Aeries will never disclose your information to a third party without expressed consent from you or your Educational agency.
Ownership/Control of Student’s PII:
How Your Information Is Used
Personal Information. We may use your personal information:
to provide our products and services;
- for the specific purpose for which that information was collected;
- to address your customer service or technical support questions;
- to alert you of new products or services, features, or enhancements;
- to improve our products and services;
- as otherwise permitted by law; and
- for any other purpose with your consent.
How Your Information Will Not Be Used
- data will not be collected, at any time, to target advertising
- we will not create advertising profiles on any users
- we will not sell, trade, or rent any users information at any time
When We May Disclose Your Personal Information
We will only disclose your personal information for the purposes described below:
Service Providers. We may employ other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf and we may need to share your personal information with them to provide services to you. Unless we tell you differently, they do not have any right to use your personal information beyond what is necessary to assist us.
We may disclose your personal information at the request of law enforcement or government agencies or in response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process to establish, protect, or exercise our legal or other rights or to defend against a legal claim or as otherwise required or allowed by law. We may disclose your personal information in order to protect the rights, property, or safety of a user or any other person. We may disclose your personal information to investigate or prevent a violation by you of any contractual or other relationship with us or your illegal or harmful activity.
Marketing Communications. You have the right at any time to prevent us from contacting you for marketing purposes. You can opt-out of promotional communications by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in each promotional email that we send to you. We may continue to send you administrative emails; for example, periodic updates to our Privacy Notice, even if you indicate that you no longer wish to receive promotional email from us.
Retention and Modification of Your Personal Information
Correcting, Updating, Accessing, or Removing Personal Information. You can correct, update, or remove your personal information if it changes or if you no longer want to receive information from us beyond information related to our services. This can be done by emailing a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also request access to your personal information that we collect by sending a request to email@example.com. We may not be able to completely remove your personal information from our systems in certain circumstances. For example, we may retain your personal information for legitimate business purposes, if it may be necessary to prevent fraud or future abuse, if required by law, or as retained in our data backup systems or cached or archived pages. All of your personal information that we keep will continue to be subject to the terms of this Privacy Notice to which you have previously agreed.
Your California Privacy Rights. California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits users that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for such third parties’ direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deletion. We will delete any or all data that we have collected from Students per the request of the School or District, at any time.
Data Retention PolicyWe keep personal information until it is deleted, or until we no longer need it to provide you with the Service. We will not retain student personal information for any longer than is necessary for educational purposes and legal obligations, or to provide the Service for which we receive or collect the student personal information. In addition, we only keep student personal information for as long as the student's account is active, unless we are required by law or the student's school to retain it, or need it to protect the safety of our users. Note that some content may be kept after an account is deleted for school legal compliance reasons (e.g. maintenance of "education records" under FERPA or "student records" under various state student privacy laws).
Protection of Your Information
Data Breach Protocol -- Protection of your privacy is important to us. In the event of a data breach, Aeries will adhere to the applicable Federal and/or State data breach regulations of the impacted user(s). For purposes of this policy, a breach is any unauthorized acquisition of computerized data that compromises the security, confidentiality, or integrity of personal information that we maintain.
Despite these precautions, no system can be completely secure and there remains a risk that unauthorized access or use, hardware or software failure, human error, or a number of other factors may compromise the security of your information. Upon discovery or notification of any unauthorized access disclosure, Aeries will take immediate measures to safeguard and prevent further dissemination of any personal information. When reasonably able to do so, Aeries will notify the impacted parties via contact information on record, with information including but not limited:
- Company contact information.
- A general description of the breach incident.
- An explanation, to the best of our knowledge, of what happened.
- A listing of the types of personal information that is believed to be compromised.
- If known, the date and time of the breach, or a best estimate.
- Whether the notification was delayed as a result of law enforcement.
- What steps the Company has taken to mitigate the situation, prevent it from happening again, and advice to the impacted individuals on how they can best protect themselves.
- Notifications will be sent via email to all impacted users. Written notice may be sent to the impacted Educational Agencies in addition to email. Depending on where the impacted user lives, they may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing.
Aeries further certifies that Aeries complies with all Federal and State Data Privacy laws, including but not limited to the following:
- FERPA – Family Education Rights and Privacy Protection Act
- COPPA – Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act
- PPRA – Protection of Pupil Rights Amendment
- AB 1584
- SB 1177 - SOPIPA – Student Online Personal Information Protection Act
Executive Director of Operations
Aeries Software, Inc.,
770 The City Drive South, Suite 6500
Orange, CA 92868
Date last modified: April 24, 2019